Tuesday 29 July 2014

DIY: Cowboy & Indian themed party

 
A few weeks back we held a cowboy & indian themed party to celebrate Kobe's 3rd birthday. We hired out a community centre for a few hours & invited his lil mates to come dressed up as either a cowboy or indian. I got crafty & made the decorations out of objects I already had.
 
 
1.I painted some cardboard with green paint. (You can also make your own non toxic kids paint using this recipe). Once dried, I wrapped some cooking twine around some to form the lines of the cactus. I used liquid paper to make the cactus spikes. Then popped them into some baskets (ok one is a lampshade but you cant tell hee hee) I had lying around the house which I tied some coloured ribbon around. The pink flowers are folded out of crepe paper.
 
 
2. Loot lolly bags for the kidlets. I had some calico in my fabric stash which I cut up & stuck some sheriff badges onto. I originally was going to embroider the dollar sign on but then opted for permanent marker as it was more time friendly. I stuffed them with a chocolate wagon wheel, a stamp, a hamburger lolly & a whistle.
 
 
 
3. Arrows made out of sticks (from my front magnolia tree). I glue gunned some feathers (from Kobe's craft box) & wrapped some coloured ribbon around them. The arrow point is made from cardboard.
 
 
 
 

I would love to say that this little cowboy was Kobe but its one of his little friends ready to lasoo some bandits no doubt. Kobe wore a little poncho (refused the head feather) which he lasted about an hour in. He shyly clung to his poppy's leg until he warmed up out of his shell at cake time (& then it was goodbyes all round to his mates). I really liked the way the decorations turned out but next year we may go along with his favourite theme, rubbish...

Happy Tuesday friends!
Grace

#Sidenote; the dreamcatcher in the first photo was made with an embroidery hoop, some cooking twine & ribbon out of my craft stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment